Thursday, October 30, 2008

white coat

I just bought a white coat. I think this might have been a stupid idea. Its beautiful yes, a double breasted trench coat that fits like a dream and it was on sale for 25% of its original price. Fitting into clothes here just gives me such a kick; when I put it on I think I 'oohed' audibly. Its really so very very attractive. I can picture it with a scarf and beret. Plus I do need a coat - its getting mighty chilly here. Still all this does not change the fact that its white. Off white. Lands End might call it stone. And its dry clean only.

Have I matured enough to live in a white coat? Can I not spill soup on it or get it stuck in the spokes of my bicycle? Will I be at the dry cleaners every week with some new stain thus negating its low low price?

What a conundrum. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: