Friday, September 19, 2008

marking

Im doing some marking at the moment at school. Im always doing marking actually but this particular marking made me realise something...

The students, who are generally on the ball, do not understand the exercise I am currently marking. Usually the bell curve is fully functional when it comes to the ability and results of the kids - a suprising number of them 'got' the kristov kyslofsky comprehension, some not so much. anyway, with this particualr exercise they're all just bombing out. doesnt make a word of sense to them and therefore, their answers make buggerall sense to me.

so I am not so much marking, as filling in their answer sheets over and over again with the correct answers. writing the same lines over and over again. Writing lines! I am writing lines!

why? what did i do wrong?

No comments: