Thursday, July 31, 2008

my new cell phone is the weight and dimensions of a wonka bar. it can do a lot of things that i do not understand.

mum - i am not posting at five in the morning. something is off with the clock on this pc, I swear.

today I discovered from my receipt that my alien resident card had my surname missspelled KAHAN. ooh vok. so i went to the town hall and said `here. wrong` as politely as I could and guess how long it took to fix? five mintues baby! either these people have nothing to do or they really are as efficient as everyone says.

food highlight of the day was honey bread. half a loaf of white bread soaked in honey and then toasted covered in whipped cream. not a traditional dish i am told.

and Okimoto-sensei prepared me a frozen tea to take to school. its a cheap summer tea called somethingsomething which tastes like very floral but weak coffee. yum yum (oshi oshi)

i took pictures of my school children today in their sailor suits playing the tuba outside; its 34 degrees.

Carrie I am so glad you are enjoying!! now write me an email lady!



.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo Jems: The people in the Alien Registration Office may know something you don't. When your Grandfather came to South Africa his surname was KAHAN. Some enthusiastic immigration officer here changed that. Maybe they know these things because they're closer to Lithuania, from where he came. Worth considering, hey?